Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
What: RehabWorks Family Support Program is a multi-module curriculum that teaches family members of substance use disorder treatment clients key elements for providing effective support and improving treatment outcomes.
Who this course is for:
• Family members of substance use disorder treatment clients*
MODULE I: WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
• "Social use" versus addiction
• How Substance Use Disorder is diagnosed
• What causes addiction?
• Characteristics of addiction and implications for treatment and recovery
MODULE I DESCRIPTION:
The first step in addressing a substance use issue is being clear about what it is that we're even talking about! This module provides an in-depth examination of what it means to have "a problem," and clears up some of the most common areas of confusion, including:
• "Social use" or "addiction"?
• What does it mean to have a substance use disorder?
• Is it safe to stop doing hard drugs, but keep smoking marijuana?
• Characteristics of addiction
Misunderstanding in these areas leads to denial, and denial is one of the biggest problems we face when it comes to treatment or prevention efforts. This module specifically addresses the most common areas of denial, helps learners become clear about what it means to have "a problem", and understand the implications this holds for treatment and recovery.
* Treatment clients receive some of the same material that the family receives (portions of modules 1, 3), as part of The Alignment Model: Ensuring that family, client, and clinical team are all on the same page.
You selected to get the course Rehab Works! Family Recovery... (RHW1RDT). Please Login or Signup to get it.